Joining IEEE is simple and easy, and Cal Poly Students get an educational discount!
Plus, there are many perks to joining our Student Branch!
Please note, we do not have club dues. All you have to do is join the national branch, then, come into our room, and show us proof of membership. We’ll add you to our school database!
In addition to the benefits of joining our branch, joining the IEEE national branch has many benefits. Some of these benefits are:
Knowledge, Community, Profession
To stay current with the fast-changing world of technology, an IEEE membership provides access to the following:
- IEEE Spectrum Magazine
- The Institute Newsletter
- IEEE Potentials Magazine
- IEEE Xplore
- What’s New @ IEEE
An IEEE membership brings you into a large network of over 350,000 members in 150 countries
- IEEE Sections – network with others in the local member community, and participate in local educational events
- Technical Chapters – engage with others through informative technical meetings
- IEEE e-mail alias – with virus protection and spam filtering
- ShopIEEE discounts – membership paying for itself, with as much as 50% off IEEE products
- IEEE Conference registration discounts
- Volunteering – opportunities that build leadership skills and networking opportunities
- myIEEE – members-only personalized gateway into IEEE membership
IEEE memberships empower members to build and own their careers, and venues to give back to society
- IEEE Job Site – locate career opportunities easily and confidentially
- Career Alert – a weekly email newsletter containing career advice plus the job of the week from the IEEE Job Site
- Continuing Education Partners Program – up to a 10% discount on online degree programs
- Awards- recognize the accomplishments of technologists and engineers worldwide
- Scholarships – enhance your resume with an IEEE scholarship
- Consultants Database – a service available for matching technical consultants with clients
- Today’s Engineer – monthly webzine devoted to the issues affecting IEEE members’ careers
Found an issue with this page?
Questions, comments or concerns?
If you need to get hold of the Cal Poly IEEE team, please fill out the contact form here.
You may also visit us in room 115, building 20 10AM to 5PM Monday through Thursday and 10AM to 3PM Fridays.